Saturday 31 January 2009

Cath Kidston Magazine

As promised in my previous post, here is a look at Cath Kidston's new catalogue.
There is a definite shift from "catalogue" to "magazine". The publication features as a magazine in the company's homepage, too,where we are urged to request their "new magazine".

The change is made definite, as on the spine there is a number 1 printed and there is a price of 1,5 pounds, printed, too, although I did receive it free of charge and there isn't a charge if you request it from their website. Inside there are magazine-like features, like the one below, about Dublin, celebrating the opening of the first Cath Kidston shop in Ireland.

There is also a competition for a mother's day card inspired by and promoting her new book, Make,which, by the way, is quite nice and useful, not just pretty pictures, and comes with a cotton bag for you to customize.

There is also a special collection of presents for Valentine's day, as you'd expect from a Country Living kind of glossy.

All this shows that retailers, too, get the message of the times. If you want our custom, you've got to do more than showing off your stuff: create a lifestyle, and then promote it. It's beneficial for the retailer and the spoiled for choice customer.
That stack of fabrics above is my favorite picture of the catalogue. I love the harmony and freshness of the composition.
Finally, for now, instead of showing you the front cover, as happens usually, I am showing you the back cover with many intersting photos from the cat...sorry, magazine.

ENJOY!

3 comments:

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

It looks really pretty! I love magazines. So many magazines are going out of business here, it makes me sad...I love holding a beautifully photographed and printed magazine!!!

blessings,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Oooh, me likey. I wish I she'd open up a store in Columbus, Ohio!! :)

vicki archer said...

The catalogue looks gorgeous as are most of her things. I love her flannel pajamas - they look super cosy. Thanks for stopping By French essence and the great link, xv.

Best buys