Thursday 28 May 2009

Greek Weddings-Greek Wedding Fashion (Part I)

Hello and welcome to a new post dedicated to helping you create the Greek wedding you dream of! Today I have handpicked the very best of wedding gowns and the top of the crops of Greek stylists.
Weddings are a big social do for Greeks around the globe. In recent years Greece has seen the opening of Vera Wang and Valentino boutiques, so your options for international high end shopping are open. What I want to show you today though, are some Greek stylists wotrth considering.

Daisy Antonopoulos is an institution by herself. She has been a favorite among Greek actresses and the beau monde of the 60s and 70s. She has also dressed the late Christina Onassis for her wedding to Alexander Andreadis and she has also provided her daughters' Athena Onassis christening gowns.


Very much is a family business to this day, it is now run by Mrs. Antonopoulos' grand daughter.

Loukia is a very special couturiere, and a longtime favorite of my mom's. It is worth visiting her atelie in Athens, anyway.


Loukia also creates theatrical costumes bearing her own unmistakable signature style.

My personal favorite is Celia Kritharioti. I first saw her featured in Seventeen some twenty something years ago, and I have been following her progress ever since.


I love her signature pink and stripe gowns!




Here she is pictured with Natalia Vodianova.

Apart from wedding gowns Celia Kritharioti creates beautiful gowns with the very best of fabrics and lace, as well as a new line of pret-a-porter. Check the Celia Kritharioti website here.
I hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back next Thursday for yet another tour of the Greek Wedding scene. Have fun!

No comments:

Best buys