Wednesday 29 September 2010

Crochet for Christ


Hello dear friends,
I hope you are all enjoying the first days of the Autumn.

Today I bring you a photo from our summer holidays. I only now begin processing them. I sort of kept them for until Autumn arrived. You know, something nice to look forward to. A certain distance so as to appreciate them more...

I took this photo in the chursh of St. Paraskevi, on the island of Thassos, NE Greece.


This beautiful handmade croshet is lining a basket that will be used to serve the congregation blessed bread after the end of the service, on the Saint's day, July 26th.


I feel a quiet admiration for the women and men who dedicate time from their lives in serving and taking care of our churches. The time spent, the effort, the taste of making them feel welcoming...like your own home.


Be blessed today and always,


love, Irene

1 comment:

Irene ~ RE~VINTAGED said...

I agree with you about the people who give so freely of their time. The crochet is stunning! How I admire the skill of the hands that made it and feel sad that it is a dying art.
Lovely to have you in my give-away too -
from the Greek Irene this side of the world ;)

Best buys