Tuesday 29 January 2008

2008 weblog awards

I have been quite sad with recent events, even depressed by these news. So I surfed for awhile and found that the 2008 weblog awards are on. You can vote till January 31st, so hurry. I did cast my vote, and I must say I was delighted to see some nice websites (plus some less than nice, but they don't count because I do not bother).

You may want to know that some familiar blogs are among the finalists.
In the Best Art or Craft weblog category there is Apartment Therapy, Angry Chicken of Bend-the-Rules Sewing: The Essential Guide to a Whole New Way to Sew which I have ordered and I am eagerly expecting, Not Martha (clever title, rather plain both in content and appearance, but a nice try) and Posie Gets Cozy.
I actually voted for Posie, and Iwould vote twice if I could. Alicia is generous, offering tips here and there. She writes beautifully, I love reading her posts. She never just throws things in. She has a rich soul and is not afraid to put it on paper. And the photography is beautiful, artful yet cozy. I love stopping by every day. Oh, and did I mention that my Christmas cards this year came from her shop? She is just great to do business with.
There is also Design Sponge in Best Designed weblog.
I was surprised to find that in best photography you can mostly find food blogs! My favorites are 101 cookbooks and Smitten Kitchen. Oh that key lime cheesecake recipe!
Food blogs by the way have an award of their own. My favorite is Gluten-free Girl, an old favorite and author of Gluten-Free Girl: How I Found the Food That Loves Me Back...And How You Can Too . But the discovery of The Pioneer Woman Cooks was a very pleasant surprise, so I had to vote for her. Step by step, photo by photo, you just have to visit this blog.
You can pick and choose by clicking here.

No comments:

Best buys