Friday 14 March 2008

Our work in the press

The Greek edition of Casaviva, April issue, is publishing a four page spread of a hotel we furnished this past winter. I'll save you the trouble of trying to make out Greek lettering, so I am only posting the photos they published. I think they've done a great job, mixing nature, architecture and our work.

I loved what they wrote about our "combining tradition with luxury". This is exactly what we went for. I am glad we made it happen and that it shows through.
We relied on our company's all natural materials and earthy tones, taking inspiration from the surroundings of this 18th century building, bringing in the warmth of earthy tones, and the freshness of materials such as solid beech wood, linen and cotton.

The result is peaceful and welcoming, in tune with the surrounding countryside. What do you think?

6 comments:

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Wow, how exciting! It is very beautiful. Great to have that exposure!

Good for you!

I am in New York this weekend, but I brought my laptop to be able to check in with blogs! :-)

Blessings to you, Irene!

xo

Melissa

Tanya Breese said...

Wow, absolutely beautiful. When can I come and stay?!

Anonymous said...

Congratulation! And your work is beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Bonjour irène,
oui, j'aime beaucoup cabbages and roses ! j'aime aussi votre blog, mais je ne comprends rien. j'ai cherché le lien de votre autre blog dont vous me parliez, mais je ne trouve rien; en tous les cas, je pense qu'il faut se lâcher, sur son blog, proposer ce que l'on aime, y apporter une âme, une singularité, de l'originalité aussi, tout ce qui nous correspond le plus, finalement.
Je vous souhaite une très bonne journée,
merci de votre visite !
aji

http:/:apetispaslib.canalblog.com

Anonymous said...

Wow, congrats! Is there a site for this place?

The Paris Apartment said...

Oh my God that's breathtaking! Did you do all the renovations? I love the fountain. It is such a perfect blend on heaven and earth!

Best buys