Wednesday 2 April 2008

About

Hello and welcome to The Happy Turtle, my on-line folder of inspiration on decoration and art.

Here you will find beautiful international interiors with an emphasis on Greek interiors and the work of Greek architects and designers.

After spending some enriching years in academic pursuits, in Italy and the UK, I came to terms with a long tradition of women in my family who dedicated their skills to sewing, embroidery and soft furnishings. Together with my husband we settled in NW Greece where we work for a European company making and trading in sustainable, eco and environmentally friendly furniture and bedlinen.
We undertake work on residential properties and boutique hotels, furnishing properties in mainland Greece and the Ionian islands for the past decade.

In The Happy Turtle I also share my fascination with fabrics, especially the Desingers Guild range that I carry and use in my shop, soon to be launced on line. I am a fan of easy living.
I favor a blend of traditional and minimal, Cath Kidston and anglophilia.

I often post about art, from museum exhibitions to the work of contemporary artists, books and magazines, as well as creativity tools that I find useful myself in releasing my own artistic and creative side.

Thank you for stopping by. Enjoy your stay.

No comments:

Best buys