Monday 30 June 2008

Who's the King? Who's the Queen?

I have wanted to have the names of the children put up in their new bedrooms all along while designing their rooms. In our previous houses I used to put wooden letters outside their doors. Not bad, nobody I knew was doing it at the time. But I was tired of the too much color clad clowns and I have decided on something less garish!
I have found some lovely pillow letters at Yvestown (Yvonne calls them box letter cushions). They are made using Cath Kidston fabric and synthetic filling and they retail at 35 US $.

I have ordered from her first an F for my eldest daughter and an E (for my name in its Greek spelling), as she was having a sale and they cost me $28 each, and then a C and an I (for my hubby's name and mine)and a J for our son, which cost me $35 each. I was a little put off because I like to be spoiled and I did mind not to be offered a multiple buy discount. Nevertheless, her work is nice, the fabric combinations work well together and we all like the end result.
Yvonne cannot make a D though, although I asked for a special order, which was frustrating because I didn't want our daughter D to feel left out.
So, I looked for a D elsewhere. I have liked the classic, white wooden lettering that I had found in many shabby chic shops, but they were way too expensive, for no apparent reason. I finally ordered a golden D priced at a reasonable 10 GB pounds and a lovely hanging heart from POSH by Emily Readett-Bayley. I still have not received them, but I hope they will be beautiful!
A little bit late (but who says so?) came to mind Paula Prass who does personalized scripted name canvasses retailing around $100.

A more expensive option but it is lovely, and it is made just for you and your sweet prince or princess. I'll show you some photos from their rooms soon! Take care.

No comments:

Best buys