Wednesday, 31 October 2007
Designer Halloween Pie
Sophie Conran (Sir Terence's daughter) devised this special Halloween Pie recipe. It’s scarily easy to make and perfect for spooky suppers.
Ingredients (serves six)
800g (1 lb. 12 oz.) pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
½ tsp. dried red chilli flakes
2 tsp. cumin seeds
3 tbsp. olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
200g (7 oz.) firm goat’s cheese, crumbled
2 tsp. fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
1 handful walnut halves
1 handful flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
150g (5 oz.) filo pastry
50g (2 oz.) butter, melted, or 3 tbsp. olive oil, for brushing the pastry
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4).
2. Place pumpkin pieces on nonstick baking tray.
3. Sprinkle with chilli flakes, cumin seeds; drizzle with olive oil and coat well. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Cook in preheated oven 25-30 minutes or until pumpkin is tender and starting to brown. Remove from oven and leave to cool.
5. Once it’s cooled, place pumpkin in a bowl. Stir through goat’s cheese, sage, walnuts and parsley. Spoon mixture into a pie dish and set aside.
6. Brush both sheets of filo with melted butter or olive oil. Cover the top of the pie dish by lifting up each piece of filo in the centre with your thumb and index finger and placing it on top of the filling, making little crumpled hills.
7. Bake 20 minutes, until top is golden and centre piping hot.
Adapted from Sophie Conran's Pies.
Let ther be Light Let there be Magic Let the Tree of Lif egrow Let every moment be a Blessing Let o...
For years and years the tree in our home was green. Usually a make-believe one last year a real one. This year the tree is...
Last week-end we spent time with friends near the sea. As it was the last Sunday before Lent and we let go of dairy to fast fo...
Be peaceful Be happy Be in love Rena