Tuesday 26 May 2009

Daisy by Cathy Savels on Etsy



Some days ago I bought some beads from an Etsy shop. They were so special that I decided to search the shop a little more. What I found out was that Ms. Cathy Savels does more than saucing lovely beads. She is a mixed media artist, based in France, and this amazing work above is one of her nature inspired art.

This painting was constructed of cotton fabric, cut into strips and knotted. These were then carefully glued into place. The petals were folded fabric. The work was then painted in acrylics and sealed.

To see more works visit Cathy Savels website here and her Etsy shop here.

1 comment:

cathy savels said...

Thanks so much for writing about me. I really appreciate it. I'm currently working on a series of flowers for my exhibition which launches in 3 weeks. I have done several more daisies in a smaller format and will be posting them on my shop once they're framed. Thanks so much for your support.

Best buys