Saturday 27 March 2010

In the eyes of the beholder

Everyone of us sees a number of things we all see even if we live miles away. Every day we look at the same sun. The same sky vault. The same planet. Several similar kinds of plants and animals, and all kinds of different people. I find it fascinating that our points of view differ; that what an image whispers to our souls can be so different; and that different images trigger similar locked thoughts and feelings to come forth and surprise us.

I love taking pictures. As long as I remember I carry with me first, a Kodak pocket, then an Agfa, then a Ricoh, now a Sony. I remember them all with love and longing.

Anyway, enough said. I want to share with you some lovely photography I came across today. A little nostalgic, quite colorful, above all pictures that speak to me in a positive way, quite appropriately for the weekend and the coming two week long Easter school holiday.


This one comes from Still in Motion. It urges me to play more, to have more fun, to taste life. I believe in synchronicity.

This one is from Modern Classics. I love it. I can smell the grass, I can feel the sun, I can visualise myself lying on earth and watching the clouds pass...Perhaps a message in a photo...

So these two ladies from Etsy have joined forces for a giveaway that you may join if you are so inclined, for three photos of your choosing from Modern Classics.

Above all, walk through their galleries and enjoy the view. And if you are so inclined, I'd love to know what your eyeviews and theirs and mine met along the way that spoke to your heart.

I wish your weekend is sunny and very, very enjoyable.




love, Irene

2 comments:

Jaimee McClellan said...

Thanks, Irene!
(And GOOD LUCK :)

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

I'm always interested in seeing great new photos - these are lovely!
Thanks for sharing!
Best,
Stephanie

Best buys