Saturday 18 September 2010

Flowers in the Autumn

We are past the middle of September, and here the weather feels like summer. We had a couple of days of rain, but otherwise there is no fresh air blowing yet.
I was talking about the weather and how I look forward to the first chrysanthemums, when my son told me wisely: "Mom, this is human nature. We always want what we don't have, and when we get it we want something else. We look forward to the beaches and sand in the winter, and we look forward to fresh days when it's hot".
He is so right!
So today I post some flowers that bring an autumn feel to me, yet in a way that bridges the seasons.

photo credit: Saidos de Concha

Hollyhocks via Posy

wood and stool via decor8

From The Graphicks Fairy

The Graphics Fairy has these lovely hydrangea prints to download and print for free. I plan to have them printed professionally and frame them. They'll be a perfect fit for our kitchen! Thank you, Graphics Fairy!

Have a beautiful weekend, y'all,

love, Irene

1 comment:

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

Your son is right! In February when it is cold and grey we will be sad that we wished summer away! Enjoy everyday as it comes - each one is a blessing. Have a wonderful weekend!

Best buys