Friday 4 March 2011

DIY blog makeover

I think I finally settled The Happy Turtle's design for now! Despite what assorted blog gurus will advise you, I love playing around with my blog the way I like to play around with my fashion or my house and shop. I like makeovers for Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter...or just because I feel moody or girly or like frolicking around.




If you are looking for a place to inspire you, rekindle your interest in blogging or restyle your blog, the Blog Guidebook is a lovely resource for bloggers, that is comprehensive and easy to navigate.

You can browse hundreds of blogs subdivided in many categories, so you are able to find exactly what you are looking for.  They also offer great blogging tips, free lisitngs and even a critique service that gives you an independent opinion on how to improve your blog.

For now I decided to stick with Blogger's layouts as I find the different stickers popping up from free blog designers quite intrusive to the eye. I still want to add some pages to make the blog easier to navigate, as I have so many interesting posts hidden in here. Can you believe it, I have been blogging since 2007 and at the time it didn't cross my mind to organise my posts in any way. Oh well, that's what Spring cleanings and nice places like The Blog Guidebook are for!



love, Irene

No comments:

Best buys