Monday, 19 March 2012

Kalimera

1970s
Greece
Sun
Sea
Poetry




The dolphiness

Lyrics : Odiseas Elitis
Music : Linos Kokotos
Singer : Michalis Violaris




'Tween Spetse and Hydra in the open sea
Up pops a dolphiness in front of me
Hey babe, I say, where΄s your petticoat?
Thus undressed you are to seek your boyfriend!

Come on babe, climb in, we΄re off,
And five times round the skies we went.

I have no boyfriend she replied
Just came to see what I could see.
She dives down deep and disappears
Then up and holds the boat again.

Come on babe, climb in, we΄re off,
And five times round the skies we went.

O Lord forgive me, as I bend to look
 this wicked one gives me a kiss
 like lemon trees her breasts smell nice
and all that΄s blue shines through her eyes.

Come on babe, climb in, we΄re off,
And five times round the skies we went.



A sunny song to begin the week.
A sunny heart, body and mind to all


love, Irene

1 comment:

demie said...

μπραβο γλυκιά μου! κι είπες μια λέξη μαγική .... Ύδρα!

Thanks for shearing this wonderful greek piece of poetry

Add some sparkle!

Tanned?  Realxed?  Can you feel the sun on your skin? I bet you can!  Summer is not just about beautiful scenery. It is also feel...