In two weeks time, I shall be a Godmother for the first time!
I shall be christening a baby boy (or rather a toddler).
That means looking for an outfit to cover a)arms and b)legs, plus camouflage my bier-belly. Here is an interesting post I found about the belly part. Hope it comes useful to you, too!
P.S. I looove Epsom salt baths! So here is my excuse to steam in my bath.
If you have a few extra pounds, then you surely know that they usually show around your belly or the dreaded “love handles”. No matter if it is a beer belly or you just have a sweet tooth and that tends to show, there are several tricks that you can use in order to shrink your stomach, at least temporary. Are you going to a wedding or to the prom and you want that dress to fit you perfectly? Here are some efficient tips that can shrink your belly quickly and without the hassles!
1. Take A Bath With The Amazing Epsom Salt
The Epsom salt bath can actually “deflate” your belly quickly and efficiently, and the greatest thing about it is that you only need two cups of the salt. Pour the salt into the water and then simply soak in it for half an hour. The reason why the Epsom salt bath will do wonders on your belly is because the salt will simply “extract” all the excess water in your body.
2. Hot Pepper Jelly
It is one of the most versatile spicy ingredients that you can use, and it has been found to be highly efficient in the morning, when eaten along with your regular breakfast.
3. Try A One-Day Detox DietA one-day detox diet is highly recommended every once in a while, given the fact that it will support the proper functioning of the good bacteria found in your digestive tract, while helping your body eliminate all the toxins that have accumulated in your GI at the same time. Pickles are a great choice when it comes to these “crash detox diets”!
4. Remove All Gassy Foods From Your DietIn addition to water retention, another common cause of bloating is the consumption of gassy foods, that are known to produce more gas than normal goods in your gastrointestinal tract. Some of these gassy foods include cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, onions as well as certain legumes and even Brussels sprouts.
5. Quit Using The Traditional Table SaltEven if you only stop using salt for a couple of days, you will immediately notice the difference: the salt in your diet makes your tummy bloat like no other ingredient. Fortunately, there are many different ways in which you can easily spice up your foods.
6. Drink More Tea Or Black CoffeeIf you have a slow digestion, then you should consider drinking more black tea or black coffee in-between the meals, as this will support your digestive function and help you eliminate the processed food faster and without experiencing any bloating. However, try to drink your coffee black, without any added milk or sugar, in order to get the best out of its benefits.
7. Eat More Watermelon!You may be tempted to say that watermelon is your best ally when you are trying to lose weight – and the truth is that it truly is, given the fact that it contains very few calories and it is more than 90% water. However, watermelon is your best friend if you are trying to shrink your belly, thanks to a compound called amino acid arginine found in this fruit, that is said to promote weight loss. Watermelon also increases the lean muscle mass and helps you burn more fat and calories than you normally would!
To conclude, you do not need to spend months dieting or exercising in order to shrink the stomach fat, even this is only temporary. The tips and hints mentioned above are tested and proven to come in handy, and they will surely help you as well!