Tuesday 18 August 2015

Questions on Women's blogging



Goodmorning freinds,
As I visit my favorite bloggers every day, I realise that they are mostly women. 
Do men not blog? 
Yes, they do. 
So why do I not read men's blogs?
I realise that I tend to read men's opinions on politics and public affairs. They are more trustworthy, more sober, less frilly. 
I wonder what it would be to be woman and frilly and write about politics and public affairs. 
Why is Life set in black and white when it comes to "serious matters"?  Why we women who feed and live it are not inclined to share our opinions? Is it because we are affraid we may lose friends? That our opinions may not be politically correct? Is it that we shield ourselves from potential strain and pain? Is it our self-protection of the life-bearer at work, or is it our cowardice?
Haven't we all seen where this seriousness of the men-dominated public spots in suites, followed by women who immitate them in sober two-pieces, has led the world and where it is still leading us?
Suffering and war and more suffering in  the name of Justice and Rules. 
This is an interiors, travel and good life blog,
 but 
what about a Happy Turtle blog that would voice my opinions
 and
 communicate them in India pink and Colette Pantone blue
Yeah, I want to do that. Because I have opinions and I want to voice them. And I know that you have opinions, too, and that you want to voice them. And I cannot possibly believe that women care only or mostly about cooking recipes and even, like Happy Turtle, elegant interiors and beautiful travel. 

Stay tuned!

xoxo

No comments:

Best buys