Friday 30 January 2009

Good news, bad news

Two sets of feelings today upon receiving the mail:
My new Cath Kidston catalogue arrived today. The bigger she has ever produced, with nice big pictures and lots of new beautiful stuff to feed the romantic souls (buyers).
I cannot show you pictures because the scanner at work does not work, but I'l try to use the new scanner at home and post some pictures later today.

The bad news is that I got a postcard informing me that "Mary Engelbreit's Home Companion magazine has ceased publication with the January 2009 issue. We are delighted to send you Martha Stuart Living magazine to serice erc...". Nice of them, but do I like Martha's magazine?
First Domino, now Home Companion. The crisis hits hard the world of glossies.

2 comments:

Margaret Cloud said...

My sister gave me her last years issues of Martha Stewart magazines and they are not too bad, I hate it when they go out of business and inform you just like that.

Anonymous said...

DEAR IRENE,
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR VISITING MY BLOG. I LOVE VISITING WITH PEOPLE. I AM SO EXCITED YOU ARE FROM GREECE. I HAVE NEVER BEEN OUT OF THE UNITED STATES AND HAVE NOT SEEN TO MUCH OF AMERICA, HERSELF.
WAS GREECE HAPPY OBAMA WAS ELECTED PRESIDENT?
ALL THE MAGAZINES, IT SEEMS HAVE TAKEN A HIT...I THINK MARTHA STEWART'S MAGAZINE IS OKAY...IT IS A HEAVY, BULKY MAGAZINE AND I FELT IT WAS MORE FULL OF ADDS THAN WHAT I EXPECTED HER MAGAZINE TO BE...I WOULD BUY ONE AT A THRIFT SHOP BUT I WOULD NEVER PAY FULL PRICE FOR IT. I AM SORRY THAT THE MAGAZINE WORLD CAN JUST STOP PRODUCING A MAGAZINE AND THEN WITHOUT NOTICE...STOP...AND IT'S OH WELL...WE ARE GOING TO GIVE YOU THIS MAGAZINE...IT IS NOT RIGHT.
HAVE A BLESSED DAY
I AM SOO HAPPY YOU HAVE DRAWN CLOSER TO JESUS...YOU CAN NEVER GO WRONG WHEN YOU PUT HIM FIRST IN YOUR LIFE
BLESSINGS
debbie

Best buys