Saturday 23 October 2010

Friday's Fabulous Finds

Hello dear friends,
As the week draws to a close, I am going to share with you the finds of the week: blogs, photos and links that I picked up and I'd like to share with you.

My perfect spot to enjoy a fall afternoon with my cross stitch and a nice book.
First of all, I want to introduce you to a beautiful, warm and right now perfect for me, and the Autumn season, blog, called Little Red House.


 Browns and yellows with burgundy reds are my favorite colours. I also love the plates and the hount.
Did you notice the plaid walls and flower curtains?
I bet Ralph Lauren takes his inspiration from Mary Caroll!


Mary, the author, is an admirable photographer and a thoughtful and sweet blogger.

This forest looks very much like one I remember from my childhood.
Mary also hosts Mosaic Monday that you may want to join.




I also found a tutorial for a Thanksgiving Garland. It's very beautiful and doable. 


I am always considering the amount of time, effort and materials one might need to put into a project. If I can do it, then we all can!

This one is by Tartelots and Jello, a very nice visual and crafting blog, but I found this project via Ucreate.





Last but not a least, as I've said before, in the past couple of years I am experiencing a yearning for things vintage, loved and beautiful.

Sewing, and all of the home arts.
 The Gentle Art of Domesticity: Stitching, Baking, Nature, Art & the Comforts of Home
 is my desert island book.
loving a time more innocent and smiling
  Magic Moonlight offers free images that you may use to embelish your desktop, your inspiration board and your crafts. I loved the Halloween images, cause they are not scary, only mellow and sweet.

I hope you enjoy my links. Have a lovely, spice scented, crafty, loving weekend,


love, Irene

Best buys