Tuesday 10 May 2011

Carribean Escape

India Hicks is, stricktly speaking, royalty. 
But in my eyes she is royalty in the style compedium. She is what I like to call "aristocratic" in stature, features, manners and looks.
Ms. Hicks lives in the Bahams with her photographer partner David Flint Wood and their four children.




The husband-and-wife team have restored three houses and one hotel, fusing traditional European design with Asian, African, and Caribbean influences, 
A few years ago I first came across her lovely Bahamas home in Point de Vue.
Later I enjoyed daydreaming with her book Island Life: Inspirational Interiors

I like the details, the mix, the balance of it all.


so fresh: pink striped sofa, books, flowers, and a sailing boat


This of course is due to her own style and intelligence, but also genes: India Hicks is the granddaughter of the Earl and Countess Mountbatten of Burma, the last Viceroy of India, and the daughter of the noted interior decorator David Hicks and Lady Pamela Hicks.

Today I read this post titled Retreating in Harbour Island and I couldn't resist taking a tour of this beautiful property.

I also highly recommend Island Beauty which is all about natural beauty and wellbeing. A feel-good book, perfect for getting us into summer-and-the-beach mood. But that would have to wait for another post:)

Read an interview with India Hicks here and here.

love, Irene

1 comment:

Michel said...

Dear Irene,


I entry by ther, from a long time ago...

To soon !!!!

Best buys