Saturday 15 November 2008

Vanessa Arbuthnott Fabrics

Last Saturday I posted a Happy Weekend picture, i.e. a picture which represents how I'd like my weekend to be (maybe yours, too?) and I mentioned that I was going to tell you about one of my favorite fabric makers. I hope to do so today.
I came across Vanessa Arbuthnott's fabrics a few years ago through an advertisement in Country Living (UK). I contacted her and that is how my love story with her fabrics begins.

I first dressed an armchair from our shop in her Cockerel fabric (the one below is not mine but very much looks like it).
We dressed the walls in the den in her acorn and leaf wallpaper (now out of stock).


And I am working on our kitchen curtains, that will be made in her Pie in the Sky pattern.




I am also having the armchair above, destined to be my crafts chair in a corner of the living room, just across the den, covered in an Ikea red and green stripe with pillows at the back and on the seat in her Fern and Dragonfly pattern.I really look forward to it!



Here are some more pictures from her website and the lady herself.


I should also not fail to mention what a wonderful sport everyone in her team is. A gem.

Here is wishing you a very pleasant week end!

No comments:

Best buys